Sunday, June 30, 2013

Today I was Brave.

I know that it is a cliche when people say don't grow up too quickly. Well, It's the truth. Growing up sucks. Today, I had to do something that terrified me and I had to do it all alone.

I braved the singles ward.

That may sound dumb, but in utah you've got friends that will go to the same ward as you and be a comfort to you. Not in California.

I was all alone. Going to a ward where I knew absolutely no one.

I may have had a little break down this morning. I thought "no way!" and "they are all looking to get married! I don't even want to date!" but I just sucked it up and went.  My sister came in while I was getting ready and asked if I was okay. Trying to be brave and hold back the tears I responded with my concerns. She assured me that everything would be fine, it would be hard, but fine.

So off I went.

I sat down on the back row and by myself.  Not very much time passed when a girl came up and asked if I was Chandler. It turned out that this girl was a friend of my sister and my sister had sent her a picture of me, my info and asked her to help me along.


I was so grateful. I didn't even care how creepy it was in the first place. I had someone to be my comfort.

Now, this may seem insignificant to you, but to me this meant a lot. This whole thing means a lot.

I knew that God was watching out for me, I knew that he knew how I felt. I knew that he worked through my sister and her friend to tell me he knew what I was going through. I am very blessed.

I knew today that I can do things that scare me. Life is all about doing things that may be scary, but you do it with faith and you are blessed.

Someone is watching out for you and me.

"Watch what happens."

Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment