Seriously?!? I did not think this would be so hard. Maybe it is just this week... Yes, it is just this week. No one understands that my heart is truly broken. It wasn't from some boy, or someone dying. It was from not being able to do Drama, some people say that's a stupid reason to be depressed. Well, When all you do is think about, listen to, watch is musicals or drama things; you have the right. I've cried more this week than in my entire life. Everytime I look at a picture of my friends in costume, I cry and want to scream. Why? Why did this happen to me? Well, I don't know why. I know that God sent me this trial for a reason. I had no idea it would be this hard.
No one gets it. Not even my best friends get it. When I try and leave them hints that I am dying inside, they don't get it. They treat me like I don't know squat and should move on. Trust me I AM trying. I just need help getting through this at school, when I am surrounded by it all. I just need someone that I can cry to right now. This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through.
My only relief is singing. I sing when I can't deal with the pain. I sing all the musical theater and Christmas songs I possibly can. It is my greatest blessing. My voice is truly a blessing. I am grateful for that.
I am also grateful for the musical, "Next To Normal." I saw this back in October. It is one of the greatest shows ever written. Lately, Whenever I listen to it there is always a particular song that makes me smile. I am grateful for this song.
Light, Next To Normal
Natalie:
We need some light.
First of all, we need some light.
You can't sit here in the dark.
And all alone, it's a sorry sight.
It's just you and me.
We'll live, you'll see.
Dan:
Night after night,
We'd sit and wait for the morning light.
But we've waited far too long,
For all that's wrong to be made right.
Diana:
Day after day,
Wishing all our cares away.
Trying to fight the things we feel,
But some hurts never heal.
Some ghost are never gone,
But we go on,
We still go on.
And you find some way to survive
And you find out you don't have to be happy at all,
To be happier alive.
Natalie:
Day after day,
Give me clouds, and rain and gray.
Give me pain, if that's what's real.
Henry and Natalie:
It's the price we pay to feel.
Dan and Diana:
The price of love is loss,
Dan:
But still we pay.
Dan and Henry:
We love anyway.
Gabe:
And when the night has finally gone.
And when we see the new day dawn.
We'll wonder how we wandered for so long, so blind.
The wasted world we thought we knew,
The light will make it look brand new.
So
All:
Let it
Let it
Let it
Let it
Let it
Shine, shine, shine.
Day after day (day after day),
We'll find the will to find our way.
Knowing that the darkest skies will someday see the sun.
Dan:
When our long night is done,
Dan and Natalie:
There will be light.
Diana:
(There will be light.
There will be light.)
All:
There will be light.
When we open up our light.
Sons and daughters, husbands, wives.
Can fight that fight.
There will be light.
There will be light.
There will be light.
There will be light.
THERE WILL BE LIGHT
Chandi
No comments:
Post a Comment