Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You. Me. Disney.

I believe in Magic. Not just any magic, Disney magic. 

This past weekend I went to California with my sister Ashlee, my nephew Cade, and my niece Andelin. I was really excited to go for two reasons. One, I was going to Disneyland. Two, I wanted to escape for a while.  

I have never really known what I wanted after high school, but I now know that I want to make magic happen for people. I want to work for Disney.  I want to make a child smile, I want to make them laugh, I want to hear the sheer excitement in their voices. I want to make magic. 

I want to work on films for Disney. I'm thinking I want to produce movies. I love the idea of creating something that could bring someone joy. I love that. I want to be in Florida or California, somewhere away from here. 

I know that there is something bigger for me out there than just being a mom, or a teacher. I am meant for something more.  I don't exactly know what that is yet, but it has to do with Disney. I can't wait to find out what that is.

When I was in California, we went to the Irvine Spectrum. In that shopping center there was a blind man singing and playing guitar. It was amazing. In that same area there was a woman who was doing palm reading, then there was a little boy who was dancing to the blind mans song. I thought about that moment for a while. I came to this conclusion. They were all people. People with a purpose. Everyone has a purpose here  in this world. For some it is to be parents, a spouse, a teacher, a friend, an enemy. These are all people who have an impact on us. That is their purpose. 

Disney is my purpose. 

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."
   Walt Disney

Chandler

1 comment:

  1. YAY. I love this. I love you. I'm so happy for you! And I think you're absolutely right. You're magical, baby.

    ReplyDelete